With Midshire Telecom WiFi marketing software, your business can learn more about customer insights and communicate with them in real-time, whilst collecting valuable data and information on customer buying behaviours and trends.
In an age of being constantly connected, customers expect a personalised experience when visiting your business. Use the data captured within our WiFi marketing software to tailor your customer engagement based on detailed customer demographics and behaviour; proven to increase conversion rates and drive customer spend.
What is WiFi Marketing?
WiFi marketing is when businesses provide WiFi internet access to customers and then use that as a channel to communicate messages and promotions. It’s just one of the many ways that businesses can enhance their marketing strategies and improve the customer experience.
Some businesses provide full Internet access. In other words, customers can use their devices to surf the internet as they normally would. Others grant access only to certain websites, usually their own, to control the environment and drive them to the businesses promotions or marketing.
What Does it Look Like?
With WiFi marketing there are benefits for both the consumers’ and businesses’ point-of-view.
For the Customer:
– Improved Customer Experience: The customer can have access to faster internet browsing rather than using a slower mobile phone network and using their own data.
– Customers spend more time on your premises: Studies have concluded that businesses who provide free WiFi access, their customers usually stay longer. This would indicate an improved customer experience and therefore they are willing to spend more time with your brand.
For the Business:
– Increased sales: businesses can drive more sales when they engage in WiFi marketing.
– Improved Customer Insights: WiFi marketing can give businesses a greater understanding of their customers buying behaviours. These customer insights can aid your business when developing marketing strategies and tailoring the customer experience.
– Build an audience: Whether you’re business is collecting email addresses or social profiles, these customers are becoming a list of interested individuals to whom you can target your businesses marketing in the future. At point of data entry, all data requested is in compliance with GDPR.