Telecommunications – Ultimate Guide
This guide aims to help you form a basic knowledge of Telecommunications and Connectivity
The world of Telecommunications and Connectivity has come leaps and bounds over the last few decades. This guide will help to explain the Telecommunications sector as well as the somewhat confusing jargon which is commonly used in the industry.
As a brief definition, Telecommunication can be described as the exchange of information between communication participants and the use of technology.
Where would you like to start?
1. Introduction to Telecommunications
2. Telecoms Manufacturers
3. Types of Telephone Line
- 3.1 PSTN Line (Analogue)
- 3.2 Common Issues with PSTN (Analogue) Telephone Lines
- 3.3 Multiline
- 3.4 Digital Lines
- 3.5 ISDN2
- 3.6 ISDN30
- 3.7 Advantages and Disadvantages of ISDN
- 3.8 SIP - Session Initiation Protocol Trunking
- 3.9 Carrier Pre-Selection (CPS)
- 3.10 Carrier Pre-Selection (CPS)
- 3.11 Wholesale Line Rental (WLR)
- 3.12 Local Loop Unbundling (LLU)
4. Types of Telephone System
5. Which should you choose – VoIP / Hosted or Traditional Telephony?
6. Toll Fraud
Speak to an Expert 03332 413 433